Sunday, October 14, 2007

minus 10 - the chant begins


We've had visitors all weekend. Emancipated son #1 was here Friday night and left Saturday after lunch; friend of mine arrived Saturday late afternoon and is still here. I have done some work, but not as much as I could have. Maybe should have. UNDOUBTEDLY should have.

Yesterday, I was manic. Today, quieter. No, not calm. But quiet. No, not sense of despair or doom - that was at 5:30 this morning, when I did not get out of bed to work. I stayed in bed even past the part where my body physically hurt from having been in bed too long. 10 hours. That's enough rest, surely?

For today, I plan to get a handle on the citations. I've got my Turabian Manual for Chicago Style and we will have to master that and get started with the formats. I'll start with Chapter one.

Other than that, I think the plan has to be to try and add additional elements where and when I can, hoping that the cumulative effect will be a production of some light - if not dazzling. . . . To that end, perhaps I can learn from the prism: many different faces, facets, and aspects - all of which reflect and give the impression of light, if not light itself. . . . But if there is any light there atall, it will magnify it. Maybe that's the best I can hope for.

No comments: