Thursday, February 14, 2008

and no, I don't do valentine's day




Amusingly, the refusal to honor valentine's day is probably viewed as more curmudgeonly than just about any other 'public holiday' opt-out.

I had a hard time finding an appropriate anti-valentine's day symbol online! (and didn't want to take the time to make my own).

Not that I don't think that love is a grand thing. It is! I just don't value 'love on demand' or, rather, the production of a physical proof of "love" on demand in the form of flowers, chocolate, cards, stuffed animals and/or jewelry. Oh - and lingerie. . . .

There's something about the combination of the timed spending of money and sexuality that I find a bit distressing. And I certainly don't want anyone to "be mine"!

I've often been told I think too much.

Luckily, the king is of a similar disposition, and so we have a pact not to mention this particular 'holiday'. It is not "holy" for us. . . .

No comments: